80" x 74"
This Ocean Waves was a practice quilt before making this somewhat challenging pattern for a quilt for my sister. I'm glad I did because I made a big boo boo. It's surprising to me that it isn't more obvious. For some reason I didn't think the setting triangles had the same light dark pattern so I made two sets. When I went to stitch the two half of the quilt together I realized my error. The vertical triangle pattern just left of center in the photo above you can see light against light and dark against dark. I don't mind it at all in my own quilt but I think it would have bothered me if it happened in a gift quilt. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't introduce any new errors in my second attempt at this pattern! Really love the pattern and hope to make more after the one for my sister.
Before starting on my next Ocean Waves, I was itching to put together these 9-patches that I made with a friend. The final quilt will be double what is shown in the photo. Coming together quickly since we make the 9-patches back in 2015 so it's just adding the double 9-patch squares and sashing. This is my third 9-patch swap. When I finish this one I'll have to share all three in one post.
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day so I thought I'd share something I came across in one of my favorite little books - To Bless the Space Between Us by John O'Donohue
The state of one's heart inevitably shapes one's life; it is ultimately the place where everything is decided.
- A courageous heart will go forth and engage with life despite confusion and fear.
- A fearful heart will be hesitant and will tend to hold back.
- A heavy heart will make for a gloomy, unlived life.
- A compassionate heart need never carry the burden of judgment.
- A forgiving heart knows the art of liberation.
- A loving heart awakens the spirit of possibility and engagement with others.