Friday, March 20, 2020

Corona Finish


I completed this top several years ago. I guess it just needed to cure a while!


The blocks are made of scraps left over from the making of other quilts.


The blue fabric I used for the setting triangles are hand dyed fabrics I won at an auction.
It feels good to have this quilt finished. It's a generous lap size which is my favorite size to make and own.



This is what I'm currently playing with.

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all
Emily Dickinson


7 comments:

  1. Hello Maureen! I was so happy to see a post from you.
    I really like the way you incorporated the hand-dyed fabric to give so much dimension to the background of your fun, scrappy blocks.
    Is you current project made with curved seams, or applique? Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt and that blue is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt! Making scrap blocks like that is one of my favourite ways to use up scraps but then the question becomes how to set them so that those blocks can shine. I have enough to make a Christmas quilt but just wasn't happy with where it was headed - this is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quilt and that blue is stunning!Thanks for the share.

    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 2011 post on Gyleen Fitzgerald's pineapple tool is a HUGE help. I got the book and tool, but her instructions are actually lacking in clarity and the illustrations are sparse. (We're not all engineers, and I struggle with spatial tasks --often missing error blocks until I'm in the midst of quilting. Sigh.) I am saving your post to help me along!

    ReplyDelete