This top has been done for over a week. I just wasn't feeling up to posting. Trying to stay away from the computer as I was finding I was spending way too much time in front of it. This top is about 94" long (about 1/3 of it is on the other side of the stair rail) and 83" wide. I wish I had made the side borders about 3" wider to allow for shrinkage. I may add a strip of the dark fabric I was auditioning for the setting triangles (see previous post) to each side border.
A friend invited me over to hand quilt in front of the fire this past Wednesday so I pulled out my hand quilting project. I've been doing a little each day. So glad she got me going on this again. I'm not sure I can finish it up this winter but I hope to make some real progress.
It snowed hard the last two days. I shoveled a path to the barn so we can check in on the chickens and then another path down to the creek so the ducks had an easy way of it. This is a shot of our little potting shed under the cottage stairs. I've ordered my seeds and will soon be in the shed planting those that need an early start.