Sunday, January 24, 2016

Stars In A Time Warp

This top has been done for over a week. I just wasn't feeling up to posting. Trying to stay away from the computer as I was finding I was spending way too much time in front of it. This top is about 94" long (about 1/3 of it is on the other side of the stair rail) and 83" wide. I wish I had made the side borders about 3" wider to allow for shrinkage. I may add a strip of the dark fabric I was auditioning for the setting triangles (see previous post) to each side border. 

A friend invited me over to hand quilt in front of the fire this past Wednesday so I pulled out my hand quilting project. I've been doing a little each day. So glad she got me going on this again. I'm not sure I can finish it up this winter but I hope to make some real progress.

It snowed hard the last two days. I shoveled a path to the barn so we can check in on the chickens and then another path down to the creek so the ducks had an easy way of it. This is a shot of our little potting shed under the cottage stairs. I've ordered my seeds and will soon be in the shed planting those that need an early start.


16 comments:

  1. You chose a lovely setting for your stars. How nice to see them in a finished top. Mine are sitting on a table, sorted and waiting.
    Hand quilting sounds like the thing to be doing in this weather--in between shoveling paths to check on the animals. Stay warm and safe, and happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect spot to sit and quilt! Love the snow photos - looks so pretty - shame about the shoveling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your star quilt is beautiful. We missed all the snow. I hope the chicks and ducks survive the weather. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your strippy stars quilt! It's beautiful!!
    The handquilting inside while it is snowy outside is nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You chose very good fabrics to make the star quilt into a strippy setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your potting shed is so cute! what do you start early?
    Your top is so lovely and quilting by the fire sounds like heaven.
    Lucky duckies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A picture post card of your snow frosted potting shed...charming! The Stars In A Time Warp strippy quilt turned out beautifully - a great setting. We are snow covered but not like everyone on the east coast - trouble is our snow tends to stay on the ground until April:-( Most evenings you will find me quilting or appliqueing by the fire too and feeling drowsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt looks wonderful! It's a great setting for those blocks. Amazing how much time the computer steals from us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your setting for the stars is wonderful! It made a lovely quilt.
    How cozy to quilt by the fire. Really wish I had a fireplace!
    Love that you have a potting shed--and that you are putting it to use. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely arrangement for all of your pretty stars. Our news reports have been showing us all the snow in your part of the world. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely open lacy setting for your beautiful stars and the snow and quilting photos beckon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun day hand quilting with a friend.
    Your star project is so pretty. I like a darker fabric at the edge of a quilt to frame it.
    The potting shed is lovely in snow! I like the thought of starting fresh seeds in the spring, almost as fun as reading through the seed catalogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your strippy setting for the star quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was great to see your quilt posted on Barbara blog as well. I love the strippy setting. It has a very authentic vintage look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely arrangement for all of your pretty stars. Our news reports have been showing us all the snow in your part of the world. Stay safe and warm.


    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete