Friday, November 26, 2010

Pumpkin Quilt

During snowmageddon last winter I started reading the Quiltville blog. How many people has Bonnie influenced? It must be in the thousands, if not tens of thousands. She is amazing. I kinda, sorta started using her scrap system and found immediate creative benefits. I have 1 ½, 2, and 2 ½ inch bins and I have used from them, I also have a large shopping bag of scraps I’ve been adding to for months that need cutting down. I have more organizing to do to become a true user of her scrap system.

It took me a while, but I finally noticed the link to other blogs and off I went. I’ve gotten so much inspiration (love Lucy’s photos) that I thought it was time to document my quilt journey.

A little about me - I’m a wife and mother of three (only 1 still at home). I work 10 hours a week at the public library shelving books. It doesn’t pay much, but does pay for my quilting and massage therapy (more about that later).

I challenged myself in January to complete a quilt a month for the next year. Well, I think I’m going to make it. Right now, my hands are in those support braces because I’ve overdone it the past month, but all I need to do is bind a small quilt and I can say I’ve done it! I think I’m going to be less ambitious next year, though.



This is the quilt I just finished. I’ve had these pumpkin blocks for years. I won them at a guild meeting. Someone showed us how to appliqué them, collected them and I was a lucky winner of four. I didn’t think of them often and when I did I thought of an alternately maple leaf block. It wasn’t until I thought of the sawtooth star that I started pulling out fabrics and cutting.

 Happy Turkey Soup Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment