Sunday, November 12, 2017

Two Love

we need love 25"x25"

While I was piecing the quilt below, I was inspired to make the quilt above. Funny how that happens.

her name was heather heyer 35"x35"

I needed the extra time to think about how I wanted to quilt this one. In the machine quilting I wrote-

love thy neighbor
family  friend
enemy  you  them
we are one

Around the wording I tried to quilt the breeze/spirit. It looks better in some places than others.
This quilt was accepted into the Subversive/Domestic Textile Arts exhibit at the Shenandoah Valley Art Center in Waynesboro, Virginia. The exhibit runs from December 9 to January 20.
Here are some detailed views. Click to enlarge.





When I first posted about this quilt I asked others to join me in making a Love Thy Neighbor quilt. Jane O. talks about hers in this post.  Please let me know if you also have one to share.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you quilted the house quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two quilts with such a timely message. I really like the way you worked words into the quilting of the second one. I haven't quilted mine yet. I wonder what I can do along those lines?
    Subversive/Domestic Textile Arts? That is quite a handle! What are the requirements for entering that show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maureen,

    I love the quilts and most certainly also the message added on the quilt. Great!

    Dutch greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful! Love the words quilted in.

    ReplyDelete