Sunday, August 13, 2017

Love Thy Neighbor Quilt

The events in Charlottesville Virginia this weekend compelled me to make a "Love Thy Neighbor" quilt.


I resurrected this block from the archives. It was going to be my blue and white quilt but over the past year I've thought about making it more "diverse". The blue and white quilt will have to wait.


Saturday evening I pulled the block out and started selecting fabrics. This evening I started piecing. I'm thinking it will have lettering - Love Thy Neighbor in cursive. It's still jelling in my mind. I know I want to keep it simple.

Are you interested in joining me? Instructions for the schoolhouse block can be found on my sidebar under Popular Posts. It doesn't have to be this block or even a house block - just name your current quilt project "Love Thy Neighbor".

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! I have several blocks of Wonky Houses. We are all different and individual. Each block was made by my small quilting group, UFO Society. We made several to share with one another. Now I know how to put it together with a great theme! How can I post a pic here to share with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a wonderful idea, Maureen. I actually have a few small house blocks awaiting their place in a mini quilt. You have given me the impetus to make it using the "Love Thy Neighbor" theme. Thank you--I will join you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I will also join in ...can you send me the pp roof section?
    Cary.wisnosky@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous concept for this house block quilt!
    I love the name you have titled this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you are doing. Yes, love/love your neighbor is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a neat idea! Good For You!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, I have some house blocks someplace. Maybe later this fall....you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maureen - you are spot on with this idea! I am changing my ongoing Scrappy Houses (2012) project to Love Thy Neighbor and am more determined than ever to finish it. Your sweet houses are wonderful in all their diversity!! Like the little window treatment.

    ReplyDelete