Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Opportunities to Contribute

 This is a signature block (before sig) I made last night and it is on its way to Australia. Linda of Quilts in the Barn asked for blocks for a raffle quilt to benefit breast cancer research.  The quilt will be raffled off at Quilts in the Barn Exhibit in early September. Last year Linda and her friends raised $10,000 for this cause.  Check out her instructions and see if you can make a block by May 18th.

I haven’t made my patriotic pillowcases yet, but Carol of Brown Quilts has put the call out to help a friend in need. These pillowcases will go to service men and woman.

Thanks to Sue and Lori for letting me know about these opportunities.


  1. Wonderful block Maureen! I'll have to make one, too.

  2. great fabric choices in this block I made my block last night too.
    I need to work on the pillowcases, I just didn't like any fabrics that I have to make them so off to a quilt shop to shop is in order, I think!
    Have a great day!

  3. Cute block and a terrific cause!

  4. My block is on it's way. I forgot to take a picture. Yours is fantastic.

  5. great block! Yes I made one too!
    great fabric choices.

  6. Nice block. There must be so many Jo Morton fabrics around. I haven't seen a block repeated yet. Mine, too, is on its way.