Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Opportunities to Contribute



 This is a signature block (before sig) I made last night and it is on its way to Australia. Linda of Quilts in the Barn asked for blocks for a raffle quilt to benefit breast cancer research.  The quilt will be raffled off at Quilts in the Barn Exhibit in early September. Last year Linda and her friends raised $10,000 for this cause.  Check out her instructions and see if you can make a block by May 18th.

I haven’t made my patriotic pillowcases yet, but Carol of Brown Quilts has put the call out to help a friend in need. These pillowcases will go to service men and woman.

Thanks to Sue and Lori for letting me know about these opportunities.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful block Maureen! I'll have to make one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great fabric choices in this block I made my block last night too.
    I need to work on the pillowcases, I just didn't like any fabrics that I have to make them so off to a quilt shop to shop is in order, I think!
    Have a great day!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute block and a terrific cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My block is on it's way. I forgot to take a picture. Yours is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great block! Yes I made one too!
    great fabric choices.
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice block. There must be so many Jo Morton fabrics around. I haven't seen a block repeated yet. Mine, too, is on its way.

    ReplyDelete