Sunday, November 28, 2010

String Quilt



I finished this string quilt earlier this year. I finished the top a few years ago for a chapter challenge. We each brought a fat quarter from our stash that made us wonder why we had it. They were put into paper bags and handed back out. I got a very uninspiring piece – it was tan with black markings. I did get inspired after finding a yard of the border fabric in my stash and worked the other piece in. The gal running the challenge sent us to Quiltville for Bonnie’s string tutorial. I quilted it with feathers that I learned to do in a class with Patsy Thompson. She was a very good teacher and she has some great free patterns on her website – Patsy Thompson Designs.


Today I finished machine quilting a little Northwinds scrap quilt. Here is a sneak peak. I was working on it last week when my upper arms started hurting – sit up straight and relax – I should chant this as I work! I wanted to finish it tonight because I have a massage appointment tomorrow and my massage therapists will work out any kinks.

I’ve had good luck with this Easy Mark product. It looks like a piece of soap. Marks come out with heat. I tested it on fabric before using it on the string quilt and it disappeared when I ironed it and after washing.


Just a pic from a couple of weeks ago of some flowers along my front porch. We had our first frost last night so they don't look like this anymore. Winter is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment