Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snowball 9-patch Quilt


Front-
92"x75", blocks are 4 1/2" finished

 Back-
Detail-
 Finished!

I spoke to soon about spring. We had sleet and snow last night and schools opened 2 hours late. Couldn’t find the snowdrops this morning, but is this a purple crocus? Hmmm, I don't think you can see it.




Okay, you’re going to laugh. Here is are some pics of my sewing room and it doesn’t look much better than before. It feels better to me and I guess that is what counts. All ready for the additional son and dog!


These granola bars are fabulous! I have to watch my sugar and these give me a fix, but I don’t feel like I’ve over done it. They are from The Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten). I used dried, unsweetened coconut (found at Whole Foods) and cut the other 1 ½ cups of dried fruit to 1 cup. This is my third and best batch.

Thanks, Mom!

9 comments:

  1. this is a real beautiful Snowball 9-patch Quilt !!
    I love the colors !! :)

    greetings
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love very much your Snowball 9patch quilt, some of my favorites colors combination. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful feeling to finish a quilt! Love the colors. And your sewing space looks just fine!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is yummy, like the granola bars, but the back is my favorite part! Good use of leftover fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen....the snowball quilt is fabulous! Love it! It is so warm and cozy looking....it's my favorite color scheme for quilts. And your room is looking great....and hey, that carpet is a dividing line....son and dog are NOT to go beyond that line into your domain! Be firm! lol

    Can't wait to try the granola bars....I've watch Ina's in bits and pieces, and she makes some really good stuff.....but she reminds me so much of my older sister (that irritates me to no end), so I have a tough time watching whole shows! But I'll try this recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks great Maureen , I like how those pinks stand out.
    Your sewing room looks like a good creative space, pity you have to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness! The snowball quilt is lovely and the back is so much fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snowball quilt is wonderful!! I love brown and pink - the quilting looks great too.
    Looks like you've made your spaces inviting for sewing and son.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quilt. Both the pattern and the colors really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete