I feel like I made another quilt top! Why did I choose to do 2” finished squares?
I strip pieced in sets of 3’s and 4’s and then mixed them up for variety. I needed 2 – 4’s and 1- 3 for each diagonal row.
After they were all sewn together I trimmed the resulting triangles on the edge. I thought this would be easier than cutting triangles and I ended up with bonus triangles for a doll quilt.
Even though I measured and calculated more than once it was longer than I needed so now I have the beginnings of another doll quilt.When it was all done I checked the email from my longarmer and realized I misunderstood and she didn’t need an extra 8-10” on each side but 8-10” both ways! I thought that was a lot! Oh, well. I like how it looks and I’ll trim away the extra for the binding.
Here are some goodies I bought at The Quilt Patch last Friday…
The note cards are published by That Patchwork Place and the box has the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative logo on the back. I assume part of what I paid went to this.
And Saturday, when we got home from a visit with our oldest (he turns 23 today!) I found my order from Z & S Fabrics on my front porch. The fat quarter bundle was free!