Monday, January 24, 2011

Midnight Stars Quiltalong


I just couldn't wait for step 5 of Lori's Midnight Stars Quiltalong. After putting together the Ohio Star blocks, I just kept going. I love how it turned out. The flying geese units were not your typical dimensions. Thanks, Lori, for drafting this block and making it, what - 3 times to get it just right? Any smaller and I would have been cursing - any larger and they wouldn't be so cute. Great job!

I took a basic binding class with Kathy at The Quilt Patch yesterday. Recently, I haven't been happy with how my corners look. She showed us a way I think I've seen before but haven't tried and they turned out beautifully. Glad to have a new trick. I also gave Kathy my snowball/9-patch for quilting (she works magic) and will get it back within the next month so I can get it photographed for submission into the Quilters Unlimited Quilt Show in June. Yay!

7 comments:

  1. It looks great Maureen, those colour combinations make it so alive and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Those little pops are wonderful, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I'm stuck on Day 2 still. Not enough time in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! I knew it would be easy to finish up and I think its great you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your color choices. Love the red and cheddar with the blue. It's such a cheerful little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice. i like the different blues together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours choice, hugs from France.

    ReplyDelete