Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Civil War Block?



Hmmm...I think this red it too red and I don’t think it is a CW repro. This is the first block of Barbara Brackman’s Civil War Project. She will post a new block every Saturday this year. I’m not sure about the other fabrics either. I think I will just continue on using fabrics that look like repros of that general era. I can always remake blocks that don’t work in the final quilt. I had been thinking of starting a sampler quilt and this came along. That is one less step for me if I let Barbara choose the blocks.

2 comments:

  1. One look at your choice of header, and I knew I needed to follow your blog! Great 1st BB BOTW block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to do this too, as a little ongoing project but I'm going to wait a few weeks before I start, it looks like fun and a great opportunity to use some of our gorgeous 1800's reproductions.

    All the best! I like your Cotton Boll design! great job,
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete