Thursday, December 30, 2010

Puppy Dog Quilt




My last finish of 2010! I bought the two main fabrics from Hancock’s of Paducah thinking it would go with my 30’s reproductions. I think I was going to do a strippy quilt, but even though the fabric was shown with the 30’s prints they didn’t really go together well. The fabric sat in my 30’s bin for several years until this fall. I’d also held onto an email with quotes about dogs thinking I’d use them in a quilt some day. This summer my daughter write the quotes on muslin. I was thinking I’d use some other dog fabric, but I’m starting to learn that if I’m not beginning a project I’m excited about there must be something wrong with my plan. Well, the thought occurred to me one day to use the other dog fabric and things began to click. I wanted something easy to piece because this will just be a family room quilt. I only added the brown sashing because I felt something needed to separate the plaid dog fabric at the seams. It’s nothing fancy, but it has dogs and pinwheels and it’s done! Here are the quote blocks-







I’m looking forward to January. I always get a lot done at the beginning of the year. It may still be cold, but the days are getting longer and there doesn’t seem to be as many school and social activities. My youngest son is a junior in high school. He has his license, but we still like to be involved.  Next year – college applications! Yikes!
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful quilt and a perfect one to snuggle under!
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete